Read how Julie and I came to the idea of Second Floor in this post here
To grab a button for your blog, simply grab the code in the box under the logo:
<div align="center"><a href="http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/second-floor.html" title="Second Floor"><img src="http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/HostedPics/2ndfloorwithurl.jpg" alt="Second Floor" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Here’s the deal with the challenge:
- Julie & I have made a one-year commitment to each other and our “Second Floor” project.
- Every few weeks we will issue a challenge (just something to spark some creativity – sometimes starting without a prompt can be very intimidating).
- Your assignment is to take that challenge and make some art.
- Here’s the most important part: at some point you need to “take it to the second floor.” What does that mean? It means trying something vastly out of your comfort zone. Doing something that might not work. Experimenting with a crazy idea. It’s all about pushing yourself. If it works, awesome. If it doesn’t work, awesome!
- If you want to participate publicly, we’ll have a linky list for each challenge.
- If you don’t want to participate publicly, that’s cool too. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself – not necessarily at your best – out there.
- We have a private flickr group set up for those of you who want to share semi-publicly but within the safe confines of a private group. There’s also a message board as part of the group. If you want to join the flickr group, you will need to e-mail us at (secondfloorchallenge AT gmail DOT com) and we’ll send you an invitation.
We believe that the Second Floor Challenge takes us all to a whole other language learning a lot of new tipps and tricks which leads to know more in general about our art 🙂 I hope our challenges make you join us and push you as well as us a little bit further! Just a couple more steps to the second floor!
As each challenge is issued, you will be able to find the links here: