In this one-hour long video workshop, I show you how to create a fun, little canvas album that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. You will learn some easy-peasy techniques with acrylic paint and spray inks. Using cardstock and canvas fabric as a surface, you’ll create a modern, funky album. And all this for about $6.90 USD in supplies (assuming you already have the paint products and basic tools).
This is a perfect project for anyone who wants to start learning mixed media without purchasing expensive materials. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get the mixed media technique bug after this workshop!
How this workshop works:
- Once you signed up and payed via paypal, I will send out the log in information for you. Please note that this can take up to 3 business days since I have to send this out manually and I’m traveling sometimes.
- You can work at your own pace and the workshop will be available here for you for years to come as long as they are online.
Supplies and Tools you will need for this workshop:
- 2-3 sheets of 12 x 12 inch white cardstock or several pages watercolor paper (about 1.20 USD for 3 Sheets)
- 2 sheets of 12 x 12 inch Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas (about about 2.40 USD for 2 sheets) or loose canvas fabric from the art store, treated at least on one side with gesso
- 3-4 colors of Acrylic Paint – I like a bit heavier bodied paint- but thin paint is fine too – so whatever you have in your room (less than 1 USD you will need in total of those paints)
- 2 colors of spray inks – I used Ranger’s Dylusion Sprayinks, but you can also use other waterbased sprayinks (less than 1 USD you will need in total of those paints)
- black journaling pen for example Letraset Fine Liner
- paper trimmer
- crop-a-dile or japanese screwdriver or a big needle to make holes
- ribbon (0.30USD) or muslin or bookbinding rings
- double sided adhesives – I use Crafty Power Tape by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (less than 1 USD)
- heating gun – optional
- crafting mat or freezer paper
- watermister – optional
You can sign up here for the cost of
8.99 US-Dollars (about 6,90 EUR). You can buy it by clicking on the button below.
Terms and Conditions:
By signing up with this workshop, you agree to not give the password
to anyone else under no circumstance. After the password is sent to you,
cancellation is no longer possible. Some older computers and software may have
problems playing videos. Videos I show are hosted by Vimeo. I will not be responsible for troubleshooting
playback difficulties of the videos. Please keep your password at a safe place- I will NOT resend passwords in years to come.
What others had to say about my Über*Media Workshops:
Martha Richardson, USA:
Nathalie’s workshop introduced me to techniques using PanPastels, an art medium that I had never used before. To be able to concentrate on just one art medium allowed me to gain knowledge that I can use over & over again. I highly recommend taking an online workshop with Nathalie. I will be signing up for the next in the series of her workshops!
Carmen Sanchez, Spain:
“Über*Media PanPastels workshop has been so much fun. Nathalie knows how to make things amusing. The workshop covers lots of different uses for PanPastels in the mixed media field. The videos and pdf files are very useful and descriptive. The sample projects are so creative. Also the timing is great. You have plenty of time to play and practice in between classes and Nathalie is always willing to help and answer your doubts. I’d totally recommend it”
Well I just finished Nat’s class Uber Media Gesso and it was the best thing I could have done. I was introduced to gesso in Julie Balzers class 30 Days in you Journal and I was crazy for gesso. Nat is such a good instructor, she explains everything so well. She never hesitates to tell you what products work with gesso so you get the best results. The one thing about Nat, besides her great sense of humor is that she is very hands on with her students. I will definitely take other classes with Nat and I highly recommend this course. Thanks Nat!!!!
Tineke, The Netherlands:
Just finished the Acrylic Paint classes (long version) and I LOVED it! For me it was an exciting exploring adventure cause I’m new to all this art fun stuff. I just LOVE the way Nathalie teaches. So relaxed, funny and talented. I will miss her ‘pretty cool’ talk and my weekly adventure but hey there’s more!!!! My new next adventure will be the Pan Pastels workshop and after that I want to know all about Gesso. Yep, I’m hooked:-) Thank you so much Nathalie, you’re in my heart. Thank you for everything. You’re such a BEAUTIFUL person. Loads of love from Tineke/TeedeJee
Jennifer Palmer, Tasmania – Australia
Wow Nat’s gesso class is amazing and I am so glad I did it. Nat teaches you so much about gesso and how to use it in so many different ways. Her teaching methods are so simple and easy to understand and I never once have been frightened to try something in her class and have been amazed at the results I have achieved
This class is excellent. Nat is easy to ask for help if needed and I cannot wait to do my next class with her.
Hedwig Schlötjes Belle, The Netherlands
Nat is a very inspiring and experimental girl who shows you good, new tricks and all new kind of techniques. Because of her experimental nature, you can be YOU in her workshops. No need to make what she does, but it’s about being creative yourself. Much better, if you ask me, and i have experience as i was in her PanPastel class which i liked VERY much. Besides that, Nat is a kind person, quick in answering questions and encouraging you as a student.
Aiga Volkhausen, Germany