Why should I sign up for the Creative JumpStart newsletter?
When you sign up, you will automatically receive an email newsletter along with the link to the online JumpStarts and a password to access the jumpstart of that day. You can save the newsletter for later and come back again. And you must be signed up for the newsletter mailing list to be eligible to win the wonderful Creative JumpStart giveaways.
I was signed up for the CJS newsletter in 2012 – Do I have to sign up again?
Yes, you do. You are not automatically also on the Creative JumpStart Summit 2013 email list.
I have never signed up for a newsletter – can you show me how this works?
Of course – here is a little video for you that shows you how this works.
When can I expect the first newsletter?
The first newsletter with the link and password to the first JumpStart goes out on January 1, 2013 between 1pm CET (MEZ)/5am EST and 2pm CET(MEZ)/6am EST. If you signed up any time after that you will receive the next one that is posted after you signed up.
I signed up after January 1, 2013 and I still didn’t get my newsletter to see the video and pages everyone is talking about.
Newsletters are sent out with the new JumpStart on the day they air between 1pm CET (MEZ) /5am EST and 2pm CET(MEZ)/6am EST. If you signed up after that time, you will get the next JumpStart. (I can’t send manual emails out every time more people signed up. I am sure you understand.) By the end of Creative Jump Start you will get a compilation of all the JumpStarts and the URLs so you can access the all the JumpStarts until mid-year. If you signed up for the Newsletter after January 31, 2013 (midnight CET) you are not eligible to win any of the giveaways that were posted during January 2013.
Also make sure you signed up for the RIGHT newsletter! It is not my n*Studio newsletter. You have to sign up for the Creative JumpStart Newsletter- Sign up here!
I signed up on time and I just don’t get the newsletters? What can I do?
Most important make sure you signed up for the RIGHT newsletter! It is not my n*Studio newsletter. You have to sign up for the Creative JumpStart Newsletter- Sign up here!
1. The most common reason subscribers don’t see the email in their inboxes is because it’s landing in spam folders. If you checked your spam or junk folders,though, there are a few more things to check:
2. Is a particular subscriber not getting your emails? Ask them to add your “reply-to” address to their contact list or address book.
3. If your reply-to email address is in their address book, have them check their spam filter settings or configuration to be sure that your content and/or address isn’t being blocked.
4. Are they using a webmail provider such as AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail? These providers deliver mail in small batches which can sometimes result in emails taking up to 24 hours to be delivered to the particular email account.
5. Are you using a coporate or university email account? Some corporate and university filter. I can’t do anything about that!
6. you can also always try to subscribe again- if it says you are still subscribed- unsubscribe and subscribe again- maybe it helps- no garantuee though!
How long will I be able to access the 2013 Creative JumpStart pages?
They will be available online until mid-2013.
I got the newsletter and my password, but I cannot access the page.
The password in the newsletter is case-sensitive. Copy and paste the password and enter it without spaces. If you do that and it is still a problem, try a bit later. Every time the newsletter is sent, there are many hits on the page, and occasionally this temporarily overloads the server. You can also try clearing your cache and deleting the cookies. You can also try a different browser.
I made a comment, but it doesn’t show up.
This is simply because I have to approve every comment. It will appear as soon as I approve it. No worries, be patient—no need to comment several times 🙂
I don’t know how to comment, can you help?
No worries, I can – check this video where I show you how you can comment on my blog….and other blogs.
I sent you an email, but you didn’t reply.
I have literally thousands of subscribers, and while I really try to stay on top of things, I cannot respond to emails that ask technical questions. I’m sorry. If your question has nothing to do with technical problems, be assured I will answer. I just need to tackle my inbox. Additionally, I’m in full preparation for CHA, or maybe even already at CHA.
Please remember the time differences! When you are in California and write me in the afternoon, I might be slumbering in my dreams of wonderful creative adventures here in Germany 😉 Patience, my friends.
I am on the page, but I cannot access the video.
That is a problem that seems to occur once in a while. Here are the most common reasons or solutions:
1. Copy and paste the password that is provided above the video. Not the password in the newsletter.
2. If you are on a mobile device, that might be the problem. Try from a desktop computer.
3. If you are accessing Creative JumpStart site from work or you are using a computer with several firewalls, you may experience problems
4. Maybe your Internet Browser is not updated. Update your browser, or try a different browser. Occasionally, people can’t watch the videos on Internet Explorer, but have no problems when using Firefox.
If all that fails please understand that we are a group of artists that used a variety of platforms. I am only a single person, and cannot provide technical support, nor can I answer emails about technical support. It is not that I don’t want to…I simply don’t have the knowledge.
I am the only person behind this operation, and I work hard to keep Creative JumpStart free. I want you to believe I try everything to make it work 🙂
I got the newsletter and it has a giveaway from a sponsor- but I can’t see the video.
There are no videos in the sponsor jumpstarts- you get the chance to get a wonderful giveaway- isn’t that awesome?
I really love the Creative Jump Start Summit 2013. Is there a way I can donate to the cause?
Yes, you can—and THANK YOU!!:) Donate here.
Thank you so much and I hope this helps! My vision was to have this easy and something amazing for everyone, so I know the frustrating part if technical problems occur.
Creative Jump Start Summit by Nathalie Kalbach is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at nathaliesstudio.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at nathaliesstudio.com.